CPU ModelAMD Ryzen R1600 CPU Quantity1 CPU Architecture64-bit CPU Frequency2-core 2.6 (base) / 3.1 (turbo) GHz Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
System Memory4 GB DDR4 ECC Memory Module Pre-installed4 GB (4 GB x 1) Total Memory Slots2 Maximum Memory Capacity32 GB (16 GB x 2) Notes
- Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on supplier's product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
- Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
- For more information about the recommended memory configurations, please check the Hardware Installation Guide of your Synology product.
Drive Bays4 Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit9 (DX517 x 1) M.2 Drive Slots2 (NVMe) Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)
- 3.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA SSD
- M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
Hot Swappable Drive* Notes
- The hot swappable drive feature is not supported by M.2 SSD slots.
- "Compatible drive type" indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port*2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support) USB 3.2 Gen 1 Port*2 eSATA Port1 Notes
- This device's 1GbE LAN ports have a maximum transmission unit (MTU) size of 1,500 bytes.
- The USB 3.0 standard was renamed to USB 3.2 Gen 1 by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) in 2019.
PCIe Expansion1 x Gen3 x2 network upgrade slot
Size (Height x Width x Depth)166 mm x 199 mm x 223 mm Weight2.24 kg
System Fan92 mm x 92 mm x 2 pcs Fan Speed Mode
- Full-Speed Mode
- Cool Mode
- Quiet Mode
Brightness Adjustable Front LED Indicators Power Recovery Noise Level*22.9 dB(A) Scheduled Power On / Off Wake on LAN / WAN Power Supply Unit / Adapter100 W AC Input Power Voltage100V to 240V AC Power Frequency50/60 Hz, Single Phase Power Consumption35.51 W (Access)
11.52 W (HDD Hibernation) British Thermal Unit121.09 BTU/hr (Access)
39.28 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation) Notes
- For more information on how power consumption is measured, refer to this article.
- Noise testing was conducted with the Synology system fully installed with Synology SATA HDDs and in an idle stae. Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones are placed at a 1 m distance from the front and rear of the device. Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75˚C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
Operating Temperature0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F) Storage Temperature-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F) Relative Humidity5% to 95% RH
3-year hardware warranty, extendable to 5 years with
Extended Warranty Plus Notes
- Availability varies by region. Before purchasing, please visit the official web pages of EW201/202 and Extended Warranty Plus for a list of eligible regions.
- The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. (Learn more)
- Main Unit X 1
- Accessory Pack X 1
- AC Power Adapter X 1
- AC Power Cord X 1
- RJ-45 LAN Cable X 2
- Quick Installation Guide X 1
- DDR4 ECC SODIMM: D4ES02-4G/D4ES02-8G/D4ES01-16G
- Expansion Units: DX517
- 3.5" SATA HDD: HAT5300
- 2.5" SATA SSD: SAT5210
- M.2 2280 NVMe SSD: SNV3410
- 10GbE Network Upgrade Module: E10G22-T1-Mini
- VisualStation: VS360HD
- Surveillance Device License Pack